Georges Batzios, Antonis Zambelis
- 2016/11 ARCHITEKTUR Konaki Averov Kulturzentrum Larissa
- 2016/06 DESIGNBOOM Georges Batzios proposes an entirely straw-made cultural center in Greece
- 2016/06 THESSALIA TV Η μελέτη του Γ. Μπάτζιου για το Κονάκι Αβέρωφ
- 2016/06 ARCHDAILY Georges Batzios Architects Propose Cultural Center Made Entirely of Straw
- 2012/03 SKAI TV Ενεργειακή αποκατάσταση κτιρίου του 19ου αιώνα
- 2nd Prize OPEN ARCHITECTURAL COMPETITION REHABILITATION KONAKI AVEROF CULTURAL CENTER, LARISA, GREECE
Konaki Averoff, like the other scattered konakia that characterize the period of the great ownership of land at the end of the 19th century, was an architectural artifact in the golden-yellow Thessalian environment. Our proposal suggests the regeneration of the site, and not only of the building that was the Averoff konaki, in a modern construction and cultural context, by restoring those elements that have been lost.
The prominent panels of compressed straw provide the building with a reconnection to the Thessalian land but not only. The exceptional thermal insulation capabilities are able to reduce up to 95% on air conditioning needs of the building. Τhis energy efficiency of new building classifies it in the category of building passive house (energy passive building).
The aforementioned innovative material can be a trigger for the productive reconstruction of the Thessalian plain, while the proposed architecture is an invitation to shape the branding of Larissa.